Saturday, April 23, 2011

IDP's Education Component

I just received the NCARB publication Direct Connection in the mail yesterday (the first time I have received it since establishing my NCARB record 4 years ago). I am in the process of reading it and I have already discovered some things I wish to share.

Back when we were in school, you could establish your NCARB record and begin participating in the IDP as soon as you had completed your third year in an architecture school. Now, you can "begin documenting IDP experience as early as [your] freshman year of architecture school, or in some cases even earlier." Holy smokes! I thought I was pretty up to speed on the IDP transition, but I definitely had not heard this before! I'll make additional posts if any other earth-shattering news crops up!

No comments:

Post a Comment