Monday, July 23, 2012

IDP - Experience Reporting

It has been far too long since I last posted, so I thought I would put at least SOMETHING in here, since nothing more meaningful has come to mind in the past few months.  Although, maybe I should make some posts about the improvements to my apartment.... more on that another time.

Anyway, so as you may have noticed, NCARB has revamped the e-EVR system, and now I believe it is just called "online reporting," or something non-acronymninal.  Before they even had online reporting, you filed by paper.  Well, my story starts then.

Circa 2007, I submitted my very first experience report to NCARB via the mail.  I logged all of my summer intern hours in this manner.  The following summer, NCARB launched their new online reporting system, e-EVR, where you had the option to submit experience reports online, or still through the mail.  Naturally, I preferred the quicker, easier, online method to paper and pencil.  I created my account, saw that my previous summer's experience was appropriately logged, and filled out a new experience log.  Upon submitting the new experience, my employer was prompted to create an account, which he did, and the system worked flawlessly thereafter.

Circa 2009, I gain fulltime employment elsewhere, and thus create a new employer in my NCARB record and start using new supervisors to approve experience.  Sometime in late 2011 or early 2012, NCARB decides to revamp or streamline or simplify (whichever catchphrase was appropriate for the time) the online reporting system.  And now you can ONLY submit experience online (previously NCARB was accepting paper or online experience reports).  Supervisors must create usernames to affiliate with their supervisor accounts (previously they would access using their email addresses as "usernames.")  This seemed to work out fine at this employer.

2012, I change employment back to the firm I interned in the summers with.  As stated above, at this firm I had submitted first using paper, second using e-EVR, and now attempted to submit a third report using the streamlined reporting system.  When my supervisor was prompted to create a username, somehow it created a new account for him separate from my experience report, which has since been sitting idly unapproved.  He isn't even able to see my account information from his profile, which did not used to be the case.

With the new exclusively online reporting system, I am now able to select the "employer" account that was created for my paper experience report.  I have done this and added my current supervisor as the "new supervisor."  I am hoping this will circumvent the need for me to reach out to NCARB again for help.  While NCARB can help you out and get you what they need, they are very difficult to get into that position (i.e. email chains, on hold, etc.).

I apologize that I must pollute the internet with these rants.  I anticipate 0 hits on this, but still at least I ended my posting drought!

I'll let you know how my situation pans out tomorrow (if my supervisor received the notification or if I have to call NCARB), as I'm certain you're biting your nails in anticipation!

No comments:

Post a Comment