Sunday, April 15, 2012

ARE: Programming, Planning & Practice

I took this exam on Monday of last week - it was my last exam in the "accelerated" approach to the ARE.  I definitely recommend saving this puppy for last, if you are trying to bang them all out in less than a year.  It contains lots of overlapping information.

I did not allow myself a ton of study time for this one, a.) because I still felt pretty sharp on the material from the earlier tests, b.) I scored 81% on the NCARB practice exam, and c.) I had 80 million things going on in the 3 weeks between BDCS & this one!

I felt good about the vignette - there is only one correct solution for the vignette, so it's a pretty clear and quick one.  The only preparation I did for the vignette was the NCARB practice one.

The multiple choice, I feel as I always do, like I studied the wrong material.  I had intended to review NCARB's sample AIA documents, but never got to it.  In retrospect, that would have been helpful.

There were a few history questions on this exam, for which I never study.  I think I usually get the history questions wrong.  I am finding, however, that there is somewhat of a theme to the history questions, so if I have to retake this exam I will add that theme to my study list.

No comments:

Post a Comment