Monday, April 23, 2012

Adventure Time!

So I've got two trips coming up this summer. One is to the ol' stomping grounds of Philadelphia to watch one of the ol' college crew take a ride on the ol' matrimony pony. While it is not particularly relevant to architecture or design as a whole, the ceremony will be at the Morris Arboretum and if organic architecture theorists are to be believed, that is all you need for inspiration.

Also, according to Prof. Fears, nature is part 2 in the
Ideas Crucial To Every Thoughtful Person.

 Part 1: Beauty, Part 2: Nature, Part 3: History


While I am inclined to agree, I have to admit 'nature' is an abstract concept as is 'beauty' and 'history', so you can take from them what you will.

ANY WHO.

The other trip coming up is to that city of mystery and enchantment, voodoo and debutantes, Louis Armstrong and Tennessee Williams, that's right - New Orleans.

After the return I will be sure to give a full architectural report. However, in the mean time, it got me thinking.

JoFeb had previously introduced the idea of a google map for our Arch-i-tour to Boston, MA. I have copied her example on all of my adventures since then.

So now, I share with you my google maps for the following cities:

New York
London,
Paris,
Los Angeles,
New Orleans

If anyone has any sites they think would improve these maps, suggestions are always appreciated.

ADVENTURE IS MAGIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment