Sunday, March 4, 2012

Completing IDP

This morning I submitted my final work experience into IDP e-EVR to fulfill the training requirements portion of IDP.  I heard or read somewhere that NCARB will automatically forward your NCARB record to the state once you have completed all of the jurisdiction's IDP requirements, and after that you just have to wait until the board receives all of your exam scores.  I'm searching for documentation of this somewhere.... stay tuned.

I was reading through the PA requirements for an initial license and I found some fees I wanted to share.  It appears there is $40 fee for the application for initial license in PA, followed by a $15 fee for license certification/verification and a $25 fee for certification of exam scores.

It also says, however that there is a $30 fee for "processing exam applications."  I'm not quite sure what that means - I'm interpreting it as a fee you pay when you are requesting your Authorization To Test.  I have not yet received a bill for this, so maybe all these charges come to you at the end right before you receive your initial license?

Not sure, will have to post a response to these questions later after I get through it all.

The one thing that is a little troubling about the e-EVR reporting system is that it does not provide information anywhere about how NCARB quantifies the durational requirement portion of IDP.  If they go from start date at a firm to end date at a firm, I think I will be at the 3 year mark by the end of April.  If they count every day you log hours for, including weekends, I may be behind by a little bit because I didn't always lap my reporting periods exactly where the previous one left off.  It would be nice if in addition to quantifying all the training hours you have, they would quantify the duration of your internship as well.

2 comments:

  1. All those fees sound super annoying! Good luck sifting through all the red tape!

    ReplyDelete