Friday, December 2, 2011

ARE's 2 down, 5 to go

It turns out I passed Building Systems!  When I took it, I was certain I had failed - it felt like I had to guess on half of the problems.  However, somehow I managed to pass and I cannot be more thankful!  (I received my pass letter in the mail right before departing for Thanksgiving festivities!)

Next on the list is Structural Systems.  This is the other big one and I hope I can pass it, too. After that, I expect the rest should be pretty "easy."  I decided to push the exam back, having already scheduled it at Prometric.  I figured I would rather spend the $35 to reschedule it and give myself twice the study time, than to just go ahead and take it risking failure which would mean waiting 6 months to pay another $210 to take it again.

My current exam schedule has me wrapping up the ARE's (supposing I fail none of them) by the end of March.  Which should align nicely with the completion of my IDP.  I think I'm done IDP at the end of April.

I'm not sure how long it takes for NCARB to process all of the IDP and ARE information, but I have heard it can take another 10 months after you're finished before you receive your license.  I will research more into that as I approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment