Saturday, January 22, 2011

ArchRec Selections

I don't know if it's because Architectural Record is officially no longer "the magazine of the AIA," but so far this month's issue is hilarious. This article in particular roused in me a certain guffaw.

I suppose part of me can relate to this "Name Game," because I have had occasion to ponder, if I were to start a firm today, what would I call it? I would certainly not go the route of my last name "& Associates." While I don't think my last name is particularly hard to pronounce (it's actually quite phonetic), in a world of acronyms (PC, TV, DVR, TMI, BFD, FML) and truncated speech (sup, sitch, fo sho, ridic, poss, mos def, na'mean?) I don't think the 11 letters and 4 syllables would endure.

I have a more meaningful and informative post in the works to hopefully hit the e-stream later this weekend. But for now I just wanted to pass along some entertaining industry-related jibber jabber.

I have a feeling the rest of the issue is going to follow a similar critical/humor thread, so it may be worthwhile to drop the coin and pick up a copy. Or at least surf the online version.

No comments:

Post a Comment