Sunday, December 5, 2010

Let's Review...

The CEU from Architectural Record.

I swear, every time I think I have this figured out, I realize there is another step to it.


Step One - Take Quiz
Read CEU article from Architectural Record and take the quiz online.

Step Two - Download Certificate
Submit your quiz results for scoring. Save Completion Certificate (preferably as an image file, as you will need to upload it as such later).

Step Three - Self-Report
Log into AIA website and find your way to the "Self-Reported Activities" page. Here you will add each article, and upload the corresponding Completion Certificate. Click "Add New" to begin.

Step Four - Download Transcript & Submit to NCARB
Once your Self-Reported Activity is approved, it will be added to your AIA transcript. Now you must download your AIA transcript, and log into NCARB's e-EVR. Click on "My Supplementary Education" to begin. Here you, again, add each article/course one by one, this time uploading your AIA transcript as an attachment. (I personally download the entire range of courses on my AIA transcript and upload that same single file for each article.) Now you wait for NCARB to approve.

What's odd is, I don't remember submitting my Certificate of Completion to AIA/Oklahoma for the April 2010 article, and yet the course completion appeared on my transcript. So weird. I have been waiting and waiting for AIA/OK to approve my other articles, until I reread some things about self-reported activities and realized this was the actual process for doing so.

So as far as I know, this process should work. I just completed Step Three for 11 articles that I had read throughout the year. Hopefully they will be approved in time before my AIA membership runs out! (unless, of course my employers opt to renew my membership for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment