Thursday, December 2, 2010

IDP 2.0 Phase... Three?

I am not sure how many phases there have been - I think 3 - for the IDP "upgrade" that began in 2005(ish?). However, the next phase will be upon us in 2011. It appears the core competency categories are being reorganized, to more align with current common practices. (I believe IDP has done this several times in the past, so it's nothing new. However, I think in the past they didn't make such a big deal out of it?)

Anyway, a great chart illustrating how this "transition" will work can be found at NCARB's website:

IDP 2.0 Transition

As it stands, this phase will be implemented sometime in the fall (apparently it was originally scheduled for January 2011). Come to think of it, I may have read a bit about this some last summer. However, at the time I was probably thinking, "oh I'll be done with this IDP bullsh by then!" As it stands now... I am more than halfway complete the training requirements! I have logged 2,808 with 2,792 more to go! I am a little off-course from my long-term plans, however, given the "economic state," I think I'm still par for the course.

Anyway, just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this, because I was kind of shocked about it! I guess I got so many emails about the 6-month rule going into effect that I was surprised to have not yet received any emails about this seemingly more impacting alteration. (Then again, maybe I'm just a nerd who likes to submit to NCARB every 8 weeks, which is why the 6-month rule was no skin off my nose.)

I think we may try to open this blog up to more people, because I feel like we have some sweet information, just no real audience for it. Hrrrmmmm....

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to agree with you there Jo Feb. I know I'm way behind on NCARB stuff, and you keeping on top of it is really helpful

    ReplyDelete