Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Receive IDP Credit for Architectural Record Articles

I believe I introduced this topic a few weeks ago, when I was officially accepted into the AIA as an associate member. For any article in Architectural Record that is accompanied by the AIA/Continuing Education logo, you can obtain IDP credit. Each article has an expiration date, though, so be sure to complete it before that date passes.

Luckily the AIA, McGraw Hill and IDP have their ducks in a row for this task, because once you complete the quiz online your just sit tight! McGraw Hill submits your score to the AIA who then approves the specified Learning Unit. This approval process, however, takes at least 30 days (again, this is 2010 and digital submissions take weeks to validate?). Once your quizzes are approved by the AIA, the credit is added to your AIA transcript. You can then download the transcript and post it to your NCARB account.

This whole process takes weeks... all for an article/quiz that probably took 45 minutes to read/answer.

In fact, at this moment I am yet to see my credits approved by the AIA for quizzes I took as far back as March 20. Hmmm... I'll keep you posted as to whether this process is accurate, but it seems like (to reiterate) the only things you do are...

1.) Complete the quiz online
2.) Download your AIA transcript (after AIA approves credits submitted to them by ArchRecord)
3.) Post your AIA transcript to NCARB

Today I received my official AIA associate membership card, certificate, key phob and lapel pin in the mail! Now I can be cool and sly like the other members at the office, and whip out my card when I need to reference my number... hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment