Friday, July 5, 2013

Complimentary NCARB Certification

Hi there.  I just wanted to post what I did not realize was an added bonus to getting your initial license.  NCARB offers complimentary certificates after you get your first license.  I thought I would have to apply and submit the appropriate fees, which was a major deterrent after already dropping like $2k on exams, extensions and applications and such.

Though I am not certain if I will ever need to be licensed in other jurisdictions, and therefore maintain my NCARB certificate every year, I won't say no to a free one now!  I think it expires late in 2014.  Maybe some doors will open between now and then that will make it a seemingly wise investment.  I have heard both sides of it - it's a waste of money, or it is the best investment you can make in your career (after licensure, exams, etc. etc.).

Any thoughts?  For now I will use the NCARB acronym in my email signature but that is about all I will be getting out of it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment