Friday, February 17, 2012

ARE: Construction Documents & Services

This was the 4th ARE I took, about 3 weeks ago.  I received the results today and hoooooorah I passed!  As promised, here's my idea for studying:

I read through the Kaplan 2009 study guide and the Ballast study guide (I forget which edition).  I did decently well on the quizzes (83% average), but pretty poorly on the practice exams (71% average).

As usual, use the NCARB practice vignette software.  I found the circle sketch tool to be a bit graphically misleading, so I ended up using the rectangle tool instead.  I believe I did 2 practice vignettes other than the NCARB one.

I did not study nearly as much for this one as for Building Systems and Structural Systems.  However, the majority of my work experience pertains to this exam.

Next is Site Planning & Design.  Getting closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment