Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Face Paint and Wisdom

"i feel like i need to write a letter:

dear rome,

you have your art, your history, your food, now give me back my molly.

sincerely,

renee"

-Renee Farrah

Today a mime (you know the kind with the face-paint and the devil-may-care attitude) made fun of me on Via Del Corso when I was finishing up my Christmas shopping. He made a face at me and mimiced my walk while I was trying to ignore him, I saw him farther back on the street and I thought what anyone in my situation would have thought: "dammit...a mime" and tried to devise a way to avoid him. However seeing no other opportunity at the time, I tried to ignore him...failed. If living in Rome has taught me anything it's to never make eye contact with a mime, especially when you're trying to elude them.

No comments:

Post a Comment