Thursday, September 13, 2007

SO as of today I am done with my first week of classes, and why write this on a thursday you may ask yourself? Because I have no classes thursdays or fridays, which is a strange feeling. My mondays and wednesdays are packed so it's kind of an anti-climactic way to end a week. I guess it's TGIW now (take that respective restaurant chains). I'm going to go into town for a little bit and try and figure out my manual camera today, it's actually starting to make sense, though it took me about an hour to figure out how to change the aperture.

http://www.scphoto.com/assets/images/aperture.gif

The classes this week were interesting, what I think is going to be the two most challenging are the Photography class and the Drawing class. The Drawing class seems like it's going to be very interesting, we get our supplies and meet somewhere in Rome and then just draw for four hours. Our prof. seems to be really into a writer by the name of Harold Speed, who wrote mainly in the 1910's -1920's. His philosophies are a little restrained in some ways but he makes good points.

I'm also taking Mythology, which for me was a second choice, but seems like it should be interesting. If nothing else so I can know what the hell is going on in all these murals everywhere.

Hold on for: The Iteneraries of Contemporary European Architecture. Come for Gehry, the stay for the Leibskind.

http://myfourthirds.com/files/1139/Ddorf_Gehry_silver_up01.jpg <--- Gehry

http://www.yume.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/libeskind-berlinjewish.jpg <--- Leibskind

and last but certainly not least is Modes of Drama, the class in which I learn, I know nothing about theatre. We are currently going over Oedipus Rex ( the story of the original bad-ass mother- f***er). Fortunately my roomate Bridget has read most of the plays on our syllabus so when I come cying to her about "Waiting for Godot" she'll know what to do.

(I think a better play would have been "Leaving Messages for Godot" BEEP hey Godot, it's Vladamir, we're still at this train station, umm, you said you'd be here, like an hour ago. And this metephorical bush that keeps dying and comming back to life is freaking me out. Call me back, it's Vlad. BEEP Godot, hey, Vlad again....)

But as for right now, I think I'm going to go see if I can figure out how to do my Permessio, so they don't kick me out of the country.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know when you figure out your permessio. We'll swap police station stories.

    ReplyDelete